1. First Name: Laura. I go by Laura Beth, LB, even 'Hey, you!' on occasion.
2. Age: 28.
3. Location: Tennessee, in the good o' U S of A. I still live with my parents, in the house we've lived since I was in eighth grade :) One of my goals for this year is to get my own place.
4. Occupation: Right now I have a job as a courtesy clerk at Kroger, and I hate it. My dream is to be an elementary school teacher, and I'm working towards a teacher's degree which I only need a few more classes for. I'm looking to go back soon and finish up what I need. I can't wait, right now I feel like I'm just biding my time until my life really starts, you know?
5. Partner?: I am, sadly, available.
6. Parents: David, 62, and JoAnne (deceased). My stepmother, Shawn, is 52.
7. Brothers/Sisters: I have three brothers, James, Michael, and Steven, as well as four wonderful half-sisters, Sarah, Elizabeth, Melissa, and Katherine, all of whom I love dearly. Mikee lives out in Franklin with one of his buddies, and James and Steven actually live farther out, up towards Nashville. James is in-between things right now, sometimes he'll do a bit of work for my dad, mostly sanding and the like I think. Mikee works at Game Stop (perfect, since he lives for computer games!), and Steven has some sort of scary sounding electrical job. IDK. He tried to explain it to me once but I didn't understand it. I don't talk to the boys as much as I want to, they're doing their own thing and it's just hard sometimes. I miss them though, I want to do be better about keeping in touch with them this year. The four girls are all in school, this is Sarah's senior year and she's going off to college at UT Chattanooga next fall. Lizzy is a freshman, and Melissa is in sixth grade and Katherine is in fourth at a private school called New Hope Academy.
8. Pets: We have a dog and a cat, that live outside mostly. We don't associate much.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
Work: I can has job. Wooo. I actually am pretty grateful for it, I mean, hey. Money is money. I just wish it were a better environment to work in.
School: I hope, I hope. *crosses fingers* I am dying for this to be the year, even just taking one tiny little class would be beyond amazing.
Family and friends: I dearly love my family, I would do anything for them. I love spending time hanging out, going out, shopping, watching movies, etc. I also have a great circle of friends, at work and here online that do an amazing job of keeping me sane :)
Fandom: I am an obsessive person. Right now my current obsessions are TV shows: Lost, Gossip Girl, Chuck, The Office, 24, CSI:Miami, to name a few. I love to read, I love the Harry Potter books, anything by John Grisham, and I've also really been getting into books by Nicholas Sparks. Oh, and I love Broadway musicals! Wicked, Legally Blonde, RENT...you get the picture. I can usually be found at any given time singing along to any one of these lol.
These banners are but a small representation of my varied interests, and will be added to accordingly XD My journal is completely friends only, but I'm pretty flexible about adding people! So come in, take a look around! And enjoy!